There are times when one of the hardest things that I have to do is find the perfect gift for my loved ones. How do you convey just how much someone means to you in one simple gesture?
It is no secret that I LOVE tea, but can the humble leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant compete with red roses and cute bears with hearts?
Why tea is the perfect gift of love
I don’t think that I could have said it better than this exert, taken from “For the love of tea” written by Adeline Teoh Australian Tea Cultural Seminar 2019.
Throughout the ages, camellias have been used to represent everything from desire to steadfast love across different cultures. Pink camellias are supposed to indicate longing and red camellias passion or desire, whereas a combination of red and pink camellias expresses romantic love.
Enough about the flower, what about the leaves we all brew and love? Some of you may have heard of the five languages of love, which can all be expressed through tea:
- Words of affirmation: Instead of ‘going for coffee’, ask someone on a date by saying “Let’s share some tea”. Or, if you’re happily partnered, offering tea or praising a good cuppa is just as loving.
- Acts of service: Making someone a cup of tea, need I say more?
- Gifting: Give tea or teaware. You can go the extra mile by finding something personal – a rare tea, a custom blend, a special accessory.
- Quality time: Tea up an extra long sipping session with your loved one. You know it’s not just about the tea but
- Physical touch: They say a cup of tea is like a hug so if your love is long distance, tea is a potential substitute (if you’re hugging in real life though, don’t do it with a hot cup of tea in your hands).
This Valentines Day, or any day, the perfect way to say ‘I love you’ is right in front of you!!
Crazy Tea Lady